Ways to serve at Saint Joseph Villa in Flourtown, Pennsylvania
From their earliest days, the Sisters of Saint Joseph collaborated with friends and neighbors as they sought to meet the needs of their neighbors. In that tradition, Saint Joseph Villa welcomes volunteers who seek to enhance the care of and services to our residents. Our volunteers partner with us in our mission of uniting people with God and with one another.
A prospective volunteer interviews with the volunteer director, who will provide an overview of opportunities for donating time and talent at the Villa. Applicants are encouraged to ask questions and participate fully in the interview so that we may ascertain their interests, talents, and abilities and connect them with the opportunity that best suits them.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Visiting one-on-one with residents
- Escorting residents to in-house appointments
- Helping with the dining experience
- Serving as an extraordinary minister at daily Liturgy (may include bringing Holy Communion to residents’ rooms)
- Engaging in social activities with residents
- Assisting with daily household tasks
- Providing clerical assistance
- Being a resource for spiritual and emotional support
Join Our Team
To make a difference in the lives of our residents while enjoying competitive pay and generous benefits, please click on the link below for available positions.See Job Openings
We welcome individuals in need of short-term rehabilitation, long-term skilled nursing care, hospice care, and respite care. Please click on the link below to get started.Why Donate
The Maxims of the Sisters of Saint Joseph are short sayings of wisdom given to our first Sisters but meant for all persons who aspire to make a difference in the world:
Forget yourself. Be transparent. It's so much easier.
— SSJ Maxim 10